Take it with us and give a boost to your teaching career.
WHAT IS CELTA?
CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is the most recognised initial English Language Teaching qualification in the world. It is designed for people with little or no teaching experience, but it can be taken by more experienced teacher who require a formal qualification.
The core elements of the CELTA course are
- Teaching practice, hands-on classroom practice gives you the tools to start teaching straight away
- Seminar input, where you have the opportunity to understand the theory and techniques behind Communicative Language Teaching
- Observation of experienced teachers and of peers provides an opportunity to learn from colleagues
- Assessed written assignments give you an opportunity to reflect on your teaching and the principles behind it.
WHY TAKE CELTA WITH US?
WHAT TRAINEES SAY ABOUT US
Michele Lee North
WHERE WE ARE
Want to do CELTA in Italy? The London School in Schio (Vicenza) offers cost-effective CELTA training just one hour's drive from Venice, Verona and Padova.
The school is located just a few minute's walk from the centre of the lively town of Schio, where you can find shops, bars and restaurants, as well as being close to the Little Dolomites.
From Schio there are frequent rail connections to Vicenza, Verona, Venezia and Milano, as well as buses to Asiago and the nearby mountains.
If you decide to take your CELTA with us, you can expect to find:
- the highest standards of teacher training with experienced tutors
- great staffroom facilities (textbooks, reference books, photocopier, etc.)
- a friendly, welcoming environment
- a fantastic starting point to visit Northern Italy (including Venezia, Verona and Padova)
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 emergency, we are offering a FULLY ONLINE course from 14th June to 15th July 2021.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Interview with tutor
If your pre-interview task is satisfactory, our Course Tutor will contact you for an interview on Zoom, during which the tutor will evaluate your motivation, language competence and attitude towards teaching.
Offer of a place
If you are successful in the previous two stages, you will be offered a place on the course. You will also be asked to complete a pre-course task.
You are required to pay the total fee at least 3 weeks before the start of the course.
PLEASE NOTE that we will only reserve a place on the course once your payment has been completed.
Complete your pre-course task to begin preparation for the course. The course is intensive, so we strongly recommend that you avoid taking up other commitments for the duration of your CELTA.
Start the course
Come to Schio for the start of your course (or stay home for a fully online one). If you want to stay in Schio for the duration of the course, we recommend that you arrive at least one day in advance to get acquainted with the area.
To attend an online or fully online CELTA, you need to have access to the following equipment:
- a working laptop or desktop computer with a camera and microphone (tablets or other devices are not suitable)
- the Zoom application correctly installed on your computer (see Zoom website for system requirements)
- Microsoft Word, LibreOffice, OpenOffice or other compatible office suite installed on your computer
- A stable internet connection
- A headset (not necessary but recommended)
If English is not your first language, Cambridge requires you to be level C1-2 on the CEFR (or above) in order to take part in the course.
If you are not sure about your level, don’t worry. During the interview our Course Tutor will evaluate your level of English and suggest whether you need to improve it before enrolling in the course .
If you wish to stay in Schio for the duration of the course we can offer a list of affordable accommodation options, all of which have been tried and tested by previous CELTA trainees (however contacting the structure and booking for accommodation is your responsibility).
You can expect to pay between €15 and €40 per night, depending on the type of accommodation.
Our all-inclusive rate is €
1590 €1490 only for 100% online CELTA which includes all tuition and the Cambridge registration fee.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT if you enrol by 30th April 2021: €1400
For accommodation and travel expenses, please contact us as we will be able to suggest the most appropriate solution for you.
Please note that if you are unable to collect your certificate in person after the course has finished, an admin fee of €14 will be applied in order to send it to your designated address via recorded mail.
To apply, please click the button below APPLY NOW to complete your application form as well as a short pre-interview task. If your application is successful, you’ll be invited to interview to discuss it further.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: the pre-interview task should take between 40 and 60 minutes, so make sure you have time before starting it.
Please note that you will be requested to attach your up-to-date CV so have it ready before you start.